Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Boycotts, what ya got?

Baby Mook

Date:
RE: Boycotts, what ya got?

The Daily Mail- for reasons already outlined fantastically by other mooks.
The S*n (I can't even bring myself to type the full name of that rag)- because it's filled with lies and because I am a supporter of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign (google the Hillsborough Disaster 1989 if you don't know about it).
Claires Accessories- mainly because I have an aversion to things that are pink and fluffy and insanely girly (no offence if you like pink, fluffy, girly things)

'The harder I work, the luckier I become'- Sam Goldwyn

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Chick-Fil-A, after they openly admitted "Oh yeah, we're like totally homophobic". There aren't any in my region but if I'm travelling somewhere and I see one, I won't eat there!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

TW: rape

Spoiler

-- Edited by Alligator on Friday 5th of October 2012 08:16:47 AM

"Just because someone doesnt love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have." -- Truman Capote

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Holy fuckballs, I only read the link name and I'm outraged. I'd better not click!

Ireland's Own, because I am painfully misinformed about a lot of things and only now have I discovered that it's a Catholic magazine, shaming and blaming absolutely every last non-Catholic thing on the face of the earth. Shouldn't bloody be surprised...

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Regular Crew

Date:

Well three things..........

1) I will be boycotting Converse since having been informed by both my girlfriend and mookychick.co.uk that they are owned by Nike.

Always boycotted Nike anyway.

2) I will definetely be avoiding Conneticut  after reading that.......made me sick

3) And I have never given any money to the Daily Mail/Daily Express due to their scaremongering and encouraging people to be stuck in the 1950s.

Don't ever think your a failure. To one person you will always be perfect <3

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Oh, I also have a few

- I mostly boycott new clothes because it is very hard for me to find suitable, fair trade and Co2 neutral clothing, so I buy most stuff second hand.
- I boycott animal products as a whole (I'm vegan).
- And I boycott the mass media because over here it just like Jessica said "scaremongering and encouraging people to be stuck in the 1950s". Sad but true.
- I also boycott Attila Hildmann, because he claims that veganism is for lifestyle reasons and forgets the ethical reasons ppl can have being vegan. Also he does advertising for his Nike(?) leader shoes. I don't like that.

That was it mostly. :)

Regular Crew

Date:

That whole tax-dodging business has totally put me off going to Starbucks, especially considering how overpriced they are. It's a shame because I do love their Mochas.

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Some Manchester businesses are ceasing to stock Russian products. So don't expect to find Russian vodka in Canal Street whilst the whole 'anti-gay' thing is going on there. Or Latvian vodka, but that's a bit of a research error. Personally I'm not a drinker, and I can name on one hand all the other times I've had actual Russian food (originating from Russia, not Russian recipes made more locally) so I wouldn't change much by going along with this.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how much of this Russian produce boycotting will actually affect Russian businesses. Most 'Russian' vodka that Tudor's flatmates brewed seemed to be distilled elsewhere. It's not a product that has to be made in its place of origin to legally be given the same name (like Champagne is supposed to be).

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm boycotting Google after the recent data collection scandal. I'm too attached to Facebook to boycott it (I'm a pretty shitty activist, really), but I have downloaded about a million privacy add-ons in an effort to prevent them from tracking me, and I have self-destructing cookies that delete themselves every time I close a tab. It may well all be in vain, but at least I'm trying, right? Right? Riiiiiight?

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us