Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: One mans trash is anothers treasure: a thread on dumpster diving

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:
RE: One mans trash is anothers treasure: a thread on dumpster diving

Not quite dumpster diving but this month has been amazing for cheap/free food. The pub where I work is just over the road from a corner shop which caters to uni, and over Christmas they obviously got all of the *special* food in. Cue this month, when everything from falafel to pork pies to smoked salmon has been reduced to mere pennies in the evenings, which has resulted in a bunch of us buying up the heavily discounted food and keeping it in the fridge to make dinner/take home at the end of a shift.

Moral of the story: you can have your smoked salmon and eat it too (with a yummy pint of ale at work).

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Smoked salmon is beautiful, very jealous of your finds! A new co-op opened around my nearest local shops (five minutes walk maximum & only because there's an upward hill walk...) and they've been selling things for 17p every evening too! all sorts - yoghurts, pork pies, sausage rolls, I even got some sushi one day. Yay for heavily discounted food!

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

«First  <  1 2 3 4 | Page of 4  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us