Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: If money and time wasn't a problem, where would you like to go?

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: If money and time wasn't a problem, where would you like to go?

Top five are

1. Tokyo
2. New York
3. Reykjavík
4. Paris
5. Brighton

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm off to Jamaica for a couple of weeks and the company's paying...

I've been to JA twice before: hated it the first time and loved it the second.

Regular Crew

Date:

oh.....

Tokyo, Paris, San Francisco...

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

If money wasn't a problem? The moon. There are lots of places I would like to visit, but there is nothing that can compete with the moon as the ultimate place to go in my opinion.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Regular Crew

Date:

Without a doubt I would want to go to Japan.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

South Georgia to see the penguins.

see them here:

http://www.sgisland.gs/index.php/(h)Welcome_to_South_Georgia?useskin=

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

starsfade wrote:

I've been lucky enough to live in and see all of eastern europe, which is pretty amazing.
The freakiest places to go are Transnistria and Moldova hands down. You really feel like you're in the middle of nowhere.
Tonight I'm leaving for Croatia for the weekend :)

But I would love to see cities like New York, Sydney and Tokyo. Those are my dream places.

Why sydney? sorry I always wont to know why people wont to go to australia

The universe is like one be old book. Full of chapters. Humans are but a "page"

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'd like to go to Sydney too, I've been told it's a beautiful place. I actually have a chance to go there next summer, but these people are adventurists and want to see the outback.

Not something I would like to do. I'll stay in my smog-enriched city thank you.

Regular Crew

Date:

I'd go to Peru, it's not a very well known tourist destination which makes it still fairly affordable, and it has alot of history, culture and ancient ruins :)

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I would love to visit india but I fear there is so much to do and see I would never come back!
So maybe I would choose southern spain to see the arabic influance that was left thiere in the art and culture. Or a day trip to venice agian but this time one in which I am old enough to apprciate the gothic meets islamic architecture.
Failing that I would give into my morbid curiosity and explore the italian graveyards and catacombes. I would also visit some historical sites too.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Sorry but the prospect of sight seeing insights me to post again! How about visiting mexico's day of the dead festival or i would love a hiking trip in the himalayan foothills. Or a safaria holiday, or a trip into the andeas! I carnt stop thinking of wonder places now!

Honoured Mook

Date:

France,Italy somewhere in Euprope and Asia.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

America, Australia, Sweden and Japan.

-- Edited by Jadie at 18:00, 2008-11-26

Regular Crew

Date:

New York so I can meet the person off myspace.
Australia because it looks so amazing.
A rainforest somewhere because I'm in love with nature.
Oh, and New Jersey, just because it rocks.

Honoured Mook

Date:

London, Mars, and Johnny Depp's private island.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. - John Lennon

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Oh so many places. Travelling is one of the major things I want to do before I die. I suppose I'd like to go to the most of the continental European countries that I haven't yet visited (Iceland, the Scandanavian ones, Poland etc) and then the Asian countries which seem to have very interesting cultures: China, India, Japan. And I'd like to go to Russia and the USA too. One day...

Tumblr

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Back to uni.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

If I had plenty money, mind, I'd take my sisters for a month in Japan. Not just Tokyo either. I'd let them call the shots, they know the place better since they visit it so often in their minds. I don't know why, but one of the things the three of us hang on to is having enough money one day to vanish somewhere together for a month or so, maybe longer. We usually pick various parts of France - the Vendee, or Paris, usually, or Gower in Wales, because we're realistic about how much money we will ever have ever. But I know in their heart of hearts that's where they'd like to be. If not there, New York.

I'd like to take the South-East Asian version of the Orient Express down to Singapore, then travel across to Cambodia (maybe scream AAAAH MOTHERLAND when I crossed the border).

I would also like to do the classic Paris to Istanbul train journey, like Audrey Tautou in the Chanel No5 advert. In this daydream, I look just like her in the advert too. Quelle coincidence!

-- Edited by clockbox on Friday 18th of September 2009 09:25:06 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Tokyo, New York, London, Gortahork and Dublin

The Harlequin Horrors are here!

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

-New York (again)
-Monument Valley in Arizona
-Melbourne (I love it there)
-London, again
-Tokyo
-Berlin, during oktoberfest
-Dublin, for all the nice oirish boys.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

The 70's.

I have a blog:
Blog

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Berlin....I might go next year with my photography class....for less than £200!
London....again.
Finland.
America.
A little tour of Scotland.

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

"You can be insane and still be a good person." - EA

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'd love to take the Trans-Siberian Railway from Moscow to Vladivostok, stopping at various towns for sightseeing, practising my Russian and reading Dostoyevsky whilst sitting on the train, smoking a pipe looking utterly bohemian.

First class train travel through Africa and India would be marvellous too, I can imagine myself strutting around in the hot sun wearing a white dress and a safari hat, exclaiming "I say! It's beauuuuutiful!".

Ho hum, I'd also like to go to Canada, the nature must be wonderful there. It would be rather cool to discover Canada on horseback. Then there's my dream of a lovely west coast-east coast USA roadtrip and spending some time in New York.

Then I'd like to spend a few weeks in Australia.

And of course all the European capitals and a very detailed Scandinavia trip.

Life's too short to see all this, I'm afraid! ):

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

If time and money were not an issue, I would just travel the world. There are so many places I want to see that I know I won't ever see them all. Unless, god forbid, my degree in English Literature and American Studies lands me a nicely paid job with nice paid holiday time.

Top of the list is the USA. I don't care which part, there's so much of it I want to see! Egypt, to see the pyramids, and Japan, to see real live Harajuku girls are pretty high up on my list as well. China appeals to me greatly as well.

As for places I've already been, Venice, Paris and New York are three places I am very desperate to see again. And I'm always nostalgic for summers spent in my Grandma's apartment in Benidorm when I was a little girl. Well, young, I'm still very little.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Japan
France (again)
Germany
Romania
Australia
New York
Canada
Disneyland Resort, CA

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Everywhere! Road trip around the US, Brazil, France, Spain, Italy, Germny (all of Europe really), China, Japan, Singapore, Africa, Iceland, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, India...everywhere! Not just the cities, into the rural areas to see what they're really like.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

I'd like to go back to Paris, and have a drink in a little bar in Montmartre. Touristy, I know, but it's so beautiful. I also want to go to Ireland again, for a trip mainly centred around stone circles and waterfalls and beautiful things like that, then back to the pub for some proper Irish revelry.

Before I start university, I want to go, on my own, on a cheap coach ticket, down to Cornwall and stay in Boscastle for a couple of days. I want to visit the Museum of Witchcraft again, buy a pasty from my favourite bakers there, then sit on the hill overlooking the harbour, eating my lunch and maybe reading a book. Bliss. I doubt I'll ever get round to it, I have the time, I have the organisational skills, I have the money... I just don't have the drive.

Also, Australia (but not near any massive spiders, thanks), Japan, maybe New York again although the US doesn't really speak to me, Norway, Thailand, and maybe Russia... but to be honest, these last mentions are just things that would be 'nice', my real longing is for Paris, Ireland and most of all Cornwall. That's where my heart is.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Tokyo-Harajuku fashion and sushi. Two things I like.

Berlin-Capital of indie electro music! And it seems like a really chilled, artsy city.

San Francisco-I used to live near there, but I would love to go back sometime as I can appreciate it now I'm older. I would love to go during Gay Pride because apparently it's like a HUGE deal there and it sounds like a lot of fun. Also they have some nice little goth shops :)

Edinburgh-I love the city and it's history. In fact, I am going to write a paper on Mary Kings Close for my Modern European History class (we could choose the topic.) My mum suggested that if I end up going to uni there, I should get a job as a spooky tour guide...not sure if that's a compliment or not?

London-Specifically Camden. It just seems so...cool! I also want to go on the London Eye, as I never have been on it (I was going to once but the lines were too long, and the next time I was in London my dad wasn't keen on going everywhere because he hates it there...) I want to go on another boat ride down the Thames as the sun is setting because that was lovely the last time I did it. I want to go back to the Tower of London as well, because my aunt took me when I was younger and I loved it! We saw a reenactor who looked like my grandpa.

New York-I have been and I am going in April to look at universities with my mum (yay!) We're also going to try and go to Madame Tussauds and Ellis Island/The Statue of Liberty. The whole history of Ellis Island is pretty cool. And at Madame Tussauds I want to get a picture with some fake 'slebs.

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Fuji Rock festival in Japan...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

xXImmiXx wrote:

Edinburgh-I love the city and it's history. In fact, I am going to write a paper on Mary Kings Close for my Modern European History class (we could choose the topic.) My mum suggested that if I end up going to uni there, I should get a job as a spooky tour guide...not sure if that's a compliment or not?

My mum suggested that I should get a job as a tour guide at Highgate Cemetery. ;D

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us