Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Forum questions

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Any chance of a password protected thread?

I've decided to check this part of the forum because I wanted to ask what's with the nifty secure section thingey and then I saw this thread. Yay!

Thanks, Ruby and Kitty Fire, this is going to be lovely! (:

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Forum questions

I'm curious as to what the icons below the user titles denote? I've seen gold medals and various stars,what do they all mean? Sorry if it's a silly noob question lol.

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ It's related to the number of posts you've made on the forum. I've got a medal because I'm a Mookish Deity Most High which is the level reach when you've made 1000+ posts.

MookyDuchess

Date:

The titles bestowed on people relate solely to the number of posts they've made. There's a little table we update from time to time, but haven't done so for a while. It reflects absolutely nothing more than how many posts you've made, and as an assumptive side, how long you've been a member.

The only time this is different is in the case of the Mods, who all have different titles and medals and stars and bells and whistles attached, which do not change, no matter how many times they post. This is so you can always spot a Mod when they post. (As opposed to a rocker, who will slip by in the shadows...)

See my pictures at this site.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:
RE: I've just noticed something?

How odd?

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Regular Crew

Date:
Confusing - some sections blocked by work firewall, but some not

I'm naughtily sneaking onto the site at work (shh) and some parts of the forum I can look at, but others come up as being blocked because they are social networking forums or are about sex.  I was just wondering why this was?

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Well, maybe the sex and relationships one is blocked because it is called SEX and relationships...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

What candi said. Some blockers used by companies work by keywords and search for those in pages.

The one we have at work blocks specific domains. I can view all of mookychick, but can't view UK eBay unless I open specific auctions via e-mail links - we can, however, view all of the other worldwide eBays except for the US. There's a way around most things.

:)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ahh I see now. Thanks guys. :)

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I can't wait to see someone who has posted 666, because that passed me by when it was me. Apparently something exciting happens.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yep,this becomes your avatar for that post... ;)

http://991.com/newgallery/Iron-Maiden-The-Number-Of-The-311906.jpg

(like a lot of Maiden covers,it's a little gory,hence link not image embed. Be warned.)

Dave.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

In general, it is actually better not to imbed, as it keeps the forums nice and tidy. :)

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: Confusing - some sections blocked by work firewall, but some not

The weirdest thing is sometimes I can post in a thread, but when I go back to look at it, I can't view it because the firewall has thrown a hissy about it.

Oh well, c'est la vie. Shouldn't really be on here anyway.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

candiclaus wrote:

Well, maybe the sex and relationships one is blocked because it is called SEX and relationships...

Let's rename it. FRISKY BUSINESS and relationships sounds perfectly innocent... Sort of. And Capulet would be proud.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
How to upload my avatar pic?

Hi mooks, I've finally decided to set my mookychick avatar as I've got some nice pics from my prom. I gave up on trying to upload the photo from my disc because my computer always refuses to do that but I thought I'd enter a Flickr link to my pic. But the screen keeps telling me the picture isn't valid or something. How do I set my avatar picture???

Thanks bunches for help

Cave

Pony Frenzy

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Try just saving the pic to your pc and doing it that way.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Well that's what doesn't work either. I dunno why but my camputer refuses to upload the avatar from my hard disc. :(

Pony Frenzy

Regular Crew

Date:
it's really frusterating when i hit reply to post something onto someone else's discussion only to have my post

ok everytime i click on reply to reply to someone's post my reply ends up under my post instead of theirs. why is that and how can i fix it?

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

If you press the 'quote' button instead of 'reply', the text of the user you're responding to should appear in the box that you would be typing the reply in. You can then type underneath it.

Several posts can all be quoted in one single text box, so there's no worry about double or triple posting in quick succession in a thread that way. :)

"I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so effin' heroic."--George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Izil wrote:

If you press the 'quote' button instead of 'reply', the text of the user you're responding to should appear in the box that you would be typing the reply in. You can then type underneath it.

Several posts can all be quoted in one single text box, so there's no worry about double or triple posting in quick succession in a thread that way. :)

See?

Wait, it's possible to quote multiple posts? confuse.gif

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

So, the forum questions thread...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

IDK you could multiquote either,must figure it out! Weird thing I noticed-your last post is 2h40m ago,Candi,but the forum page says this...

...but the main forum page has it correct. Also,is there any way you can have the introductory topic you wrote automatically displayed the first time a new member logs in,this might be useful. ;)

Dave.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I wouldn't know how to do that. I guess Kitty Fire or Magda could sort it out, but I am okay linking people to it for the moment. I just wish more people would take heed.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

True,that. If you're gonna post in a forum,you read and lurk for a while to pick up the tone of the place,like I did,Freddie Kruger stylee. ;)

Dave.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

On another forum I joined when you signed up the board would only display the newbies and "how to use" forums until you had posted once in the newbie bit saying hi.

It's just a case of altering the set up for each forum to remain hidden until people have a certain number of posts. Or that's how it worked in that one anyway...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Can someone please tell me how to muti-quote?

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

Amaranth=Rayne wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to muti-quote?

Click quote on the post you wish to quote, write underneath it, scroll down and click quote on the other post you wish to quote, etc...

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ooooohhhhh is THAT how you do it?! I tend to just copy paste and put in the quote tags!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I like it how seasoned regular mooks are learning new things here!

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Dave, I liked your idea of having Candi's How-to presented to new members automatically.

I am going to change the forum welcome email accordingly to include Candi's advice by end of play today. Very good idea!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us