Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What are you listening to (at this moment)?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: What are you listening to (at this moment)?

^Pop trash is part of the good taste, I listen to plenty of it myself ;)

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Running up that hill by Kate Bush.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I Like 'Em Big And Stupid by Julie Brown.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've been listening to lots of Bessie Smith. She's so fantastic, never get sick of her.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Clay Aiken- Invisible. So creepy, so catchy.

IF I WAS INVISIBLE THEN I COULD JUST WATCH YOU IN YOUR ROOM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club <3

Florian xxx 

He/they pronouns pls

Regular Crew

Date:

Patti Smith - Gloria.

She's my absolute hero.

X

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Pissing in a river - Patti Smith. We were listening to it at band practice as we were trying to think of the most depressing songs, what a bunch of goths.

Florian xxx 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

No Scrubs by TLC

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Looking For Strange by KMFDM

Regular Crew

Date:

Amanda Palmer - In my mind 

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting.” ― E.E. Cumming

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Saeed by Infected Mushroom

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The 59th street bridge song by Simon and Garfunkel. I love this song, it feels like a cozy and warm blanket who has the power to help you go through winter and life's madness.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Ultra slowed down Wurthering Heights by Kate Bush It is eerily beautiful and relaxing, and I listen to it when going to sleep while watching the stars through my bedroom window. 

One day, I might have the time to take large amounts of recreational drugs and actually watch the video too.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Old B.B. King songs like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoIQy8zkiqc

This man played such an important part in the blues universe, I was really sad when I learned that he passed away last week. Loosing a legend is tough.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Irilar wrote:

Ultra slowed down Wurthering Heights by Kate Bush It is eerily beautiful and relaxing, and I listen to it when going to sleep while watching the stars through my bedroom window. 

One day, I might have the time to take large amounts of recreational drugs and actually watch the video too.

Couldn't resist checking that out - and I have to disagree a little ; eerie,yes,but just eerie as it's obviously the soundtrack to a disturbing surrealist nightmare sequence in some arty 70s horror film. Luckily Noel Fielding was there in the related vids to dance along to the "normal" version of it whilst dressed like a Japanese girl to help shake off the feeling of being watched...

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My friend who i'm gonna call mantle recommended that I listen to this band who are kind of catchy 80s minimal wave called turquoise days, I'm really liking them, they've got I think only 1 album sadly. This is the song i'm listening to now

Florian xxx 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Pirate metal is an awesome thing! Jane Austen would not be amused though...just watch and see why! Then obviously they do this,rap part included lol.

Dave.

-- Edited by skgogosfan on Sunday 7th of June 2015 06:55:31 PM

-- Edited by skgogosfan on Sunday 7th of June 2015 06:55:57 PM

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Opium Tea by Nick Cave and the bad seeds

Florian xxx 

He/they pronouns pls

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Currently listening to this BEAUTIFUL Scandinavian folk music by Per O.G. Runberg. The Andor CD was a nightmare to get hold of, but finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4YQ9yjJ7p8&list=PLeIRQbw5Uyyopt89CO4KEAZVFRWh2qA96

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Date:

Resurrected because I can't keep my love for Missy Elliott's latest track all to myself :(

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've been shamelessly loving hour long youtube mixes recently. The pictures the people who make them use are stupid. Usually generically hot girls or some girl in a thong. But whatever, the music is catchy and fun!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I found In This Moment's "Blood" CD which I thought was missing from when my car got robbed. Turns out, they just got the empty case!

The title track Blood has been one of my go-to exercise songs for a while.

-- Edited by Lokrais on Wednesday 27th of April 2016 08:32:12 PM

Date:

^Like. The chorus especially!

I'm currently listening to Laura Mvula. I especially like Overcome (with Nile Rogers) and her more energised stuff like That's Alright. Great videos, too. It's like what would happen if water became a dance rhythm. I was meant to do lots of good-for-me things like go swimming and edit my novel yesterday but watched season 4 of RuPaul's Drag Race and played Life is Strange instead. Today will be a more productive day thanks to Laura Mvula...

Honoured Mook

Date:

A bit of folky fantasy epicness to pump me up for my Sunday run. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORtsnpCSEJ0 

Date:

I've been listening to all these tracks I chose for my playlist of music that sounds like sunshine after rain. I picked Röyksopp,  Erik Satie, Vangelis, Joanna Newsom, Eliza Rickman and The Fifth Dimension (who created such amazing sounds for the 1967 musical 'Hair'). And apparently there is a word that - almost - the describes the feeling of sunshine after rain, and that word is 'gleen'. More recommendations welcome!

Regular Crew

Date:

Hello everyone,

I've been listening to The Dresden Dolls first (and self titled) album for the past week now aww

It's just a fun, solid and relatable album.

I miss the comfort in being sad

Date:

Hello again Seivad, hope things are good with you. Another Dresden Dolls fan right here! It's strange how Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer being a couple seems to have strengthened their appeal across their fanbase, and I'm delighted for them. I love how they presided over the Mermaid Parade this year.

I'm currently listening to Kristin Hersh (LAX came up on my playlist today) and lots of Eliza Rickman. Her charming yet macabre Marie Antoinette-infused video for Pretty Little Head is a joy. And it's because of seeing her play live that I got rainbow music hand bells for the music studio. Plink plink plink... here's a linky link in case anyone's wondering what they are. Until I saw her swathed in black on stage, sitting on a little stool in a single spotlight surrounded by these bells, I'd never imagined they existed.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm checking out my good friend who i was in a band with's solo project and i'm so proud of her because she's doing really well. She's called New Haunts and is on spotify

Florian xxx 

He/they pronouns pls

Regular Crew

Date:

I knew it was a good idea to join the Mookychick forum. Like most people, I love music but I get really nervous about discussing it as generaly it's quite a personal thing and when someone attacks what you like, it feels like they are attacking a feeling or a memory that you link with the song / artist / album etc.

So thank you Magda for just being nice. It's really refreshing to be able to share and discusss music in a civil manner and with it share a bit of who we are...

I gave Eliza Rickman a listen and quite liked it. I loved the video to Pretty Little Head and she reminded me a bit of the Moulettes, just in the way that the music sounded.

I also checked out New Haunts and it was pretty good. Your friend makes good music Nature_Boy

I've been all over the place with music this week but Marilyn Manson's cover of Cry Little Sister as been a constant for me! I've also been listening to Mad Season, Heaven's to Betsy, Social Distortion and a compilation of gothic tunes on Spotify called The Unquiet Grave which has some pretty good songs on it.

I miss the comfort in being sad

« First  <  Page 141  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us