Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The Great Big Fluffy 'Am I Weird Because...?' Thread.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: The Great Big Fluffy 'Am I Weird Because...?' Thread.

This is a good theory. :)

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Baby Mook

Date:

Am i weird because i would rather spend time at nights out with older people?

I'm not talking three or four years older than myself, i mean people older enough to be my parents.
Recently my friend had a Good-bye party with everything our age could want(booze, music,good lights etc) but i chose to sit near the desert table with her dad, my old babbysitter and a teacher.

Why? What's wrong with me?disbelief

Honoured Mook

Date:

^^ You are mature and enjoy the company of older people. Nothing wrong with that. As you get older, I bet you'll start enjoying the company of your peers more because they've become more mature, too.

Personally, I kind of prefer spending time with my parents than my friends, and I feel more comfortable about being around adults because they don't seem as judgemental as teenagers.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Look, I used to get on best with peopole old enough to be my Grandparents, if you're weird I don't know what I am. Now I get on well with most people I know, but in a room of stragers I'll always talk to the grannies first.

Am I weird because I can't tell what I want? It gets mixed up in my head with what I think other people want, and I can't remember which one I'd choose for me.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ nah that's normal. No one knows what they want. They know what they DON'T want and it's a process of elimination. AS long as your ONLY reason for picking something isn't because your mum or best mate or whoever else would want you to, then you're okay m'dear.

Miss Ing dear, I teach a dance class for people old enough to be my GRANDparents and prefer some of their company to people my age.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Am I weird for co-owning a Chris Corner appreciation blog?

Worse still, am I weird for having pictures of him with knickers on his head on my computer?

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Am I weird for putting ketchup on almost everything?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That depends. If you have tommy k with icecream, do you have chips as well? Otherwise it's abnormal. The same goes with chocolate, you have to have a burger.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Ziggy_wolf wrote:

Am I weird for putting ketchup on almost everything?

You mean the stuff commonly known as the best way to ruin a fine meal? biggrin

The answer to your question is yes. Ketchup is only allowed on junk food or to cover up the taste of a dinner that have failed epically. Say that I spend several hours cooking you a moose stew, fussing about getting the taste exactly right. If you put ketchup on that, it would probably make my cry....

But anyway, who needs ketchup when there is salsa?

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Nope, I would happily cover most foods in Marmite before eating them!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

TOBLERONE AND MARMITE. MOST ULTIMATE COMBO EVER.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I put ketchup on a lot of things, but nothing sweet, I'm not sure how that would taste.

Irilar wrote:

Say that I spend several hours cooking you a moose stew, fussing about getting the taste exactly right. If you put ketchup on that, it would probably make my cry....

I'm the only one in my immediate family to have not tried moose soup, it's apparently gorgeous, and it certainly smelled lovely, but I couldn't bring myself to eat it a few minutes after seeing a wild moose and baby moose (moose-let? moose-ling? moose-ette? mini-moose?).

Cut Out And Keep

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Date:

It does ache a little bit to eat someone you know who are and have seen around the neighbourhood, but in my opinion that is the minimum price you ought to pay for eating meat.
If someone lost their life in order to become your dinner, some respect is due. And how can you be respectful and thankful if you do not know anything about who you are eating? I generally try not to bash people over the head with this, and I'm sinning against it myself from time to time, but I kinda feel that it is morally wrong to distance oneself from the animal one intend to eat. Vegetarian food is an acceptable way out of the dilemma though.

And most people seem to think I'm weird because of this view.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I completely agree with you (which is probably a bit hypocritical) but at that moment I just really didn't want to, all the soup was eaten though, so none was wasted, the bread that was served with it however, was delicious, easily the nicest bread I've ever eaten.

Cut Out And Keep

Date:

I'm an absolute hypocrite in this matter too. I did use to be a vegetarian, but nowadays I will even eat the occasional burger if I'm hungry and fancy it. And if I go to hell, I imagine it will be over my inability to resist eating chicken.

And now I ponder, will I be able to eat Carl Gustaf the turkey? We DID get him in order to make dinner out of him, but he's such a peculiar character and not having him around anymore would be upsetting. I have a feeling he will survive Christmas...

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm the only one in my immediate family to have not tried moose soup, it's apparently gorgeous, and it certainly smelled lovely, but I couldn't bring myself to eat it a few minutes after seeing a wild moose and baby moose (moose-let? moose-ling? moose-ette? mini-moose?).

Haha, "calf." The chick moose are called "cows" and the guys are "bulls."

Am I weird because I know that?

-- Edited by JuniperWoolf on Sunday 10th of October 2010 10:22:50 PM

"All is not lost; the unconquerable will, and study of revenge,
Immortal hate, and courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome.
That glory never shall his wrath or might extort from me."

-Lucifer, Paradise Los
t

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I think I prefer 'moose-ling'.

Cut Out And Keep

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Am I weird because I'm currently compiling a photo montage of my 7 evil exes, scott-pilgrim style, complete with their names, mugshots and evil rating out of ten?

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^No, you are great.

A tumblr...

Resident Lord of the Cranberries

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ heh heh heh xd.gif

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Am I weird because I like giving the people in Starbucks the wrong name?

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Wow it's like in films where they right your name on the cup, I've never seem that happen in real life.

It's not weird at all, you should start giving them names that are really hard to spell/ pronounce.

Cut Out And Keep

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It happens in America (at Starbucks anyway haha!)

I know this is terrible, but I'd love to go in one day and tell them my name is "Shaniqua" or "Hitler" or something like that.

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Date:

Why is your name put on the cup? Is it a being green scheme, giving you a cup you can bring with you every time instead of adding loads of disposable cups to the mountains of garbage?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Coffee shops in cities tend to be busy. There'll be about 30 people crowding around the area where the coffee's made waiting. A lot of people will ask for, say, a mocha. So instead of the baristas yelling out "MOCHA!" and there being a huge fight amongst everyone who ordered the mocha, they will put your name on it and be like "IMMY!"

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hah!

Mischievous Spiggy: "My name is Scrotum. Really."
Barista: "SCROTUUUUUM! Here's your latte!"

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I reckon I'm weird because I spend ages wondering if I'm the only real person in the world or not. It was a theory I read in a philosophy book my brother was given once and I've never forgotten it.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I had that thought before! And that everyone sees the world COMPLETELY differently and it's all to do with our eyes. For example, to one person we might all be blobs. And then there was my theory that we live a separate life when we are asleep...

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sweet Dead Doll wrote:

am i weird because i constantly feel like i lost something when im outside and always turn around to look if i dropped something on the pavement?

i do this all the time its really horrible, even if i have hardlyanything with me! i cant stand it! i cant stand losing anything!

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

i think im a little odd because i am utterly obsessed with edgar allan poe! ihave a shelf in my room dedicated to him. i have books, dolls, jewellery and pictures! in my eyes hes just amazing! this has lead for a lot of people to think im REALLY creepy. they probably already thought that through unfair judgement of ones clothes.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 712  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us