Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The Great Big Fluffy 'Am I Weird Because...?' Thread.

Honoured Mook

Date:
The Great Big Fluffy 'Am I Weird Because...?' Thread.

-- Edited by Milky Josephine on Tuesday 13th of May 2014 06:20:49 AM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ That sounds familiar, hehe. I also have imaginary conversations with people I don't know! I invent people because I'm often really bored. Gosh, my head gets really crowded from time to time.

I suppose I deserve to be called "mad as a hatter". I'd like that. :)

Edit: I know that making up people is not a good thing because they are usually better from people in real life. Prettier, smarter, more interesting...

-- Edited by Spiggy at 20:11, 2009-03-09

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Freudian Slip wrote:

...Inspired by something said on a previous thread, I figured that we all need confirmation of the fact that, out there in the world there are actually people with the same quirks as us. Sure, being unique is a good thing, but sometimes you need to know you're not alone.

So, my big weird thing: Am I weird because I feel a bit meh about alcohol?
I actually don't get the attraction of throwing up everywhere after telling everyone you love them. Which is kinda a problem seen as I've got a feeling I'm going to be the token sober (boring?) one at every party this summer.
I mean, yeah, I'll have a drink. I might even consider slowly dripping my way to drunkenness. But I will never ever down shots with the point of getting fucked. Surely that ain't right? I'l;l have wine at home with family, and I'll drink beer at gigs if anyone wants to buy me some. But I won't go out of my way to imbibe liquor. On leaving day, we all went to a friends house, and her and my best friend decided to work their way through her dad's spirit collection, eventually drinking half a bottle of bright purple homemade gin (we assume) between them. She threw up everywhere, stinking out the shed, and my best friend went into a weird trance and starting hitting her. Luckily, there was me and two other close friends to keep an eye on them (the fact that Kay was reduced to tears because of the throwing up and Jess has a phobia of vomit wasn't helpful, I found it quite funny at first until a neighbour threatened to call the police. Then it just got irritating especially as we three were knackered anyway.) But also three of my friends were beaten up on that night by violent drunks, and it just made me wonder what the point was.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could drive, then I'd have a good excuse to stay sober, but I just feel like a bit of a party pooper for not drinking that much. I mean, I enjoy drinking. I just absolutely can't stand drunkenness. Perhaps I should become a Quaker?! On the plus side, our little sober trio from leaving day made a pact not to drink without food until we were actually legally old enough to drink.

Yeah...perhaps this shoulda gone in rent a rant? Well, tell me if i am weird or not, and if you are one of those people who does love to be drunk, then tell me why and see if you can turn me to your point of view. I'm open as per.

And ask us if you're weird too. Bet you ten pence you're not!

I no longer drink.I stopped last october after I had the sort of night I choose not to remember and thanks to blacking out I sort of cant remember most of it.
I actually quit drink from the age of 19 to 25 then started up again.I shouldnt have as it makes me awful.I dont miss it.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Am I weird because... ?

Tere is seperate voice in my head that is a part of me. She is a jealous bitch, and represents everything that is my darker side.
I see her as my silhouette, in shadow, and I can shut the voice up by imagining myself fighting her and chaining her up to a dark wall of my mind.
She makes me depressed and she makes me think bitchy, horrible things.

Am I weird?

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ No, you are not weird.
I have a voice in my head too. He's like Tere, except he hasn't told me his name and I haven't wanted to give him one. I see him as human most of the time, but if he feels in a particularly bad mood, his appearance totally alters. Sometimes it's into an animal, sometimes he's just a shadow. Sometimes it's worse.
I can shut him up by visualising myself kissing him and just sucking the life out of him. It works for about an hour.
I love him, I totally and absolutely love him. Yet I hate him. I want to destroy him. He poisons my mind with horrible thoughts, sick fantasies, and all the things I try to supress.

I am a socialite, an artist, a poet.

Lady Moustache of Mooky
her

Honoured Mook

Date:

I went at least 9 months maybe a year without a period and never went to the doctors because the lack of PMT, cramps, blood stained pants/pyjamas/bedclothes etc made me relax, and now my menstrual cycle takes twice as long, and I'm sure I've just experienced a month of pmt both times.

I'm an expresso-some people think I'm bitter, but I'm just intense

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I know I'm weird, and seriously don't care. It's what makes me interesting as a person biggrin

-- Edited by Lady Misery on Saturday 18th of April 2009 08:27:54 PM

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Regular Crew

Date:

@ Lady Misery: I like your signature!

@ Spiggy: I do that too. Create characters and have conversations with them. I have arguments with them too. They're always nicer than my real life friends D: I don't tell people but that's actually why I speak such good English since that's the language I use (and not my mother tongue). Oh well. I can't tell you it's normal but at least you're not the only one.

Also, I found out I talk with my hands even when I'm on the phone.

-- Edited by Burlesquely on Saturday 9th of May 2009 03:19:03 PM

Honoured Mook

Date:

Am I weird because..?

David Bowie appears in my dreams for no reason. It's never anything sexual. He's just... there. Like having an increadibly sexy dream stalker.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. - John Lennon

Honoured Mook

Date:

Am I weird because...?
I respect vegetarianism wholeheartedly...but find veganism too extreme...See, the thing is it makes me want to vomit to see an animal being beaten or hurt. But I assume I would be able to gut a fish/rabbit or something if need be. I just can't help seeing veganism as an extremity though >.

jinsei wa tabida. isshungoto ni kansha suru. x

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

^That's not weird.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm weird because I have a voice in my head too, she's an evil bitch and incrediably truthful...like 'you're too fat for that'...'they don't like you, and you know this'...'he doesn't want to talk to you'....'stop thinking you're pretty, you're not'....I hate her. She's the reason I'm unhappy. She is my bi-polar, I try to shut her up but she comes out when I'm drunk and I end up having hallicinations and bad dreams which is why I never stay out too late or stay over at peoples houses, the hallicinations are really bad. And I have them on a day-to-day basis..I see a cat in the corner of my eye, a cat I don't own. I want to kill her anyway I can. My councillor said the voice was normal but not what she says, I'm a psycho :(

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

"You can be insane and still be a good person." - EA

Honoured Mook

Date:

Well there's something a bit up with you. voices are almost always lying. I'm serious they LIE to you. don't listen to them..and mayhbe not drink?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Does anyone else get this?
Your having sex and you feel like there's 3 people in the room.

Not literally, but I sometimes feel like I'm two people. One of me is doing the physical stuff and the other is planning the next move mentally. Then sometimes I realise, "oh! it's just us two!" It's hard to explain but I reckon it makes me a bit weird.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ no, you're not weird. I've felt like that before, but it was probably because I wasn't having such a great time myself and I kinda shut myself off from it :/

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

Becki Boo wrote:

.'stop thinking you're pretty, you're not'.

Sounds like a lie to me, chick.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Regular Crew

Date:

Zell wrote:

Am I weird because..?

David Bowie appears in my dreams for no reason. It's never anything sexual. He's just... there. Like having an increadibly sexy dream stalker.

That does sound weird but also very enviable O.o

Honoured Mook

Date:

It's kind of strange, but I still find it funny. smile

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. - John Lennon

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have the voices to, but I just visualise the small woman from Poltergeist coming in to excorcise them ;) Doesn't work often, but it's a lovely image.

Maybe I should consider forming all my bad thoughts into a single being. I would make it easier to get rid of...

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Write them all down and then burn the paper. Gone :)

Regular Crew

Date:

I can get really paranoid at night or when I'm home alone, so when I'm creeped out by some horrific imaginary monster I think of this big, pale, emotionless bloke that chased me in a dream I saw when I was 8. I used to fear him too, but I named him Victor and now he protects me from things from my disturbed side : 3 Aaannd that sounds a lot more scitzophrenic than it is.

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

I can totally understand that (at least the first part).
If I watch a horror movie, I continually think about the stuff happening to me and become scared of the dark/mirrors/everything.
Maybe I should make myself an imaginary protector :)

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Am I weird?

No matter how much my boyfriend assures me that he will love me forever, some part of me still expects him to change his mind. I can't understand how someone would possible put up with me forever.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^I understand that.

I often wonder why my parents decided to feed, clothe, and look after me for the last 16 years.

I also tend to imagine little conversations with people in my head when I'm alone, and I mouth what I'm saying. It gets me a lot of funny looks...

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Here we go,

"Am I weird because" everything never feels exactly real to me? I don't really know how to explain that in an accurate and less insane manner, but I will try. Essentially, I feel like there is a strong mist that's overcast in my head. Everything is choked up and shrouded by this mist. Thoughts come out in parts and are never around for very long, and with this, nothing I'm experiencing ever really feels like it's real. Occasionally I will have moments a sincere and absolute clarity, where I can see the world, understand people and really connect with what's going on around me, but these moments are brief and rare.

I am almost numb, but not unfeeling. Maybe kind of like a character in a very dull book?

Please tell me someone else feels like this too.

I have a blog:
Blog

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yes. ^
I can't really elaborate because you've described it so well...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I kind of know what you mean. I had this a lot when I was younger, but without the mist. I'd feel really heavy and out of it, like you do when your dreaming, and I'd find myself thinking 'this is all going to end in a moment. It isn't real.' And even now, occassionally, I get the horrible feeling that this life is all in my imagination. Nobody is real. Just as I think everything's going great it's going to end like a beautiful dream.

It doens't help I read a book on philosophy a few years ago which suggested that I might be abuducted by aliens and be having my life put into my brain in a kind of hallucination.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Heres a new one that's been freaking me out for the last 48 hours.

Am I weird because I've been having pins in needles in my hands for the last 48 hours almost relentlessly? Has this ever happened to anyone else? Am I dying?

:|

I have a blog:
Blog

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

lollyPOP wrote:

am i wierd because... i constanly feel like everyone instantly rejects me when i talk to them, although its probably because i can't hold a conversation and eye contact makes me nervous... i never feel like i fit in, even when everyone around is making the effort to involve me.

Turns out I'm not wierd I just suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder...

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Oh I have always been straight edge. I hate being out of control of my body. All my friends drink like fish though.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us