Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What have you been watching recently?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
What have you been watching recently?

Last night I watched Brokeback Mountain. It was amazing!
My mum didnt like it much though.

what about the rest of you mookychicks?

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

MookyDuchess

Date:

Well, I watched Mr Majorium's Magic Emporium the other day. And I finally got round to watching the Goonies in one sitting, all the way through. Instead of catching bits of it when it's on telly.

Other than that, it's been pretty much whatever takes my fancy and isn't too distracting from my artwork.

I also though Brokeback Mountain needed some cuts, as it did seem a bit slow.

See my pictures at this site.

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Most recently I've watched The Queen and Sweeney Todd. Before that I watched parts of something called Driving Lessons and Citizen Kane.

For a second I didn't realize what movie you were talking about first Kitty, but then I realized that the titles were probably altered between the US and UK. Over here it's called Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

Silly me :B

"I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so effin' heroic."--George Carlin

Honoured Mook

Date:

driving lessons is a fab film. mega lols @ rupert grint in edingburgh: "Thank you...for hsving me"

MookyDuchess

Date:

It could be wonder emporium and I'm just being stupid. I do that a lot. The being stupid bit.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Lots of Jeremy Kyle and Loose Women - it's what being home on study leave does for you.
I'd do anything, saturday night amazement =] and obviously dr who.

films errr....i watched atonement again the other day, and i apologise but everytime it comes on tv, i just have to watch Shanghai Moon (or is it Noon?). its just hilarious.

lock the cellar door, and baby... talk dirty to me.

Date:

if you're talking about the western comedy with jackie chan and owen wilson starring in, then it's Noon :)

Just finished watching the latest episode of Miami Ink. I have a major crush on tattoos :)

-- Edited by Izil at 05:42, 2008-05-23

"I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so effin' heroic."--George Carlin

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I recently watched Richard Kelly's Southland Tales. It was... definitely not Donnie Darko anyway.

I'm hoping if I give it another try I might get more out of it. It had something interesting to say but roughly articulated and the whole thing felt far longer then it is.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I love I'd do anything!

((and i derive a lot of mirth from the way that graham norton says nancy a lot. is that homophobic?))

MookyDuchess

Date:

Not at all homophobic.

I've started watching Firefly again, whilst I work, as it's fun to have on in the background.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

last night i watched peep show and derren brown. bought the new series of american dad so i have also been dipping in and out of that.

MookyDuchess

Date:

Derren Brown was very good, teaching someone escapology, that's a treat, not a trick!
I'd love to learn escapology.

I need to buy American Dad, which means I need to earn money to buy American Dad.

And I have an urge, tonight, to watch Return of the Jedi. It's not my favourite of the Star Wars films, and it's not like I've watched the others recently, but the urge has fallen upon me and I'm not sure if I should comply or not...

Honoured Mook

Date:

Izil wrote:

if you're talking about the western comedy with jackie chan and owen wilson starring in, then it's Noon :)

yeah thats the one =] thanks. it's always on about midnight so i'm a bit tired to remember the title lol

lock the cellar door, and baby... talk dirty to me.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Peep Show pwns.

"It wasn't real rape...nothing went up my bum"
"I'm tackling a commoner. Morse never did this. WAIT! That means I'm better than Morse!"

MookyDuchess

Date:

Peep Show is great, that and Derren Brown make Friday nights worth staying in for...

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

The Karate Kid (for the first time), Peeping Tom, Immortal Beloved, Sweeney Todd, and I am watching Dogville currently.

MookyDuchess

Date:

I've just put Muppets from Space in the DVD player, not started it yet. Need food...

I watched Jaws earlier. And another film, but I can't remember which. It was a good one, just the whole thing is escaping me. Oh yes! The Princess Bride! And I love that film, funny how the mind works.

But I was working whilst watching, so that's my excuse.

I've still never watched the Karate Kid...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Kitty Fire wrote:

Peep Show is great, that and Derren Brown make Friday nights worth staying in for...

glad to know im not the only one lol! ray mears was on last night, i love him he's so nice! much better than bear grylls the big fake! he is kinda cute though lol

Regular Crew

Date:

Dexter the showtime tv series. Can't wait for season 3 of it! Juno, Sweeny todd, howl's moving castle (my favorite), and for background noise a lot of the time is Invader Zim.  I love movies. There are a lot I have seen and many many more I want to see!

And go Ker-Slpat.
~By Me

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Watched season 1 of bro'Town. Silly fun. I heart the Fa'afafine principal.

MookyDuchess

Date:

Majiktia wrote:

Dexter the showtime tv series. Can't wait for season 3 of it! Juno, Sweeny todd, howl's moving castle (my favorite), and for background noise a lot of the time is Invader Zim.  I love movies. There are a lot I have seen and many many more I want to see!

I love Invader Zim, but find it distracting to have as background noise, for some reason... Too much shouting...

Regular Crew

Date:

(with fear of sounding sad haha) I've been totally addicted to Brothers and Sisters, I love it! Although yesterday I accidently read the spoilers for the end of the series, i was soooo angry!
x

Regular Crew

Date:

i don't know what the last movie i watched was called, but i really enjoyed it. (and if someone could tell me the name, i'll be forever grateful).
it's most likely a horror movie. about a young childless couple...
it starts out with the husband jogging in the park, and then he sort of gets mugged by some people in hoodies. a group of old people come along and try to catch them, but "they were just too fast." so then somewhere along the way the couple move in with these extremely healthy old people who'd rather be "healthy than dead."
near the end it's discovered that these old people, physicians and such are over hundreds of years old, and that all the previous occupants of the house they are renting to couples didn't have any other family; these old people were targeting orphan couples....
in the end, they attempt to exsanguinate the couple, but the wife gets away and alerts the police by pressing on the house alarm. she gets their attention by shooting a window in the basement and the old people get arrested.
the movie ends with another young man running in the park and then being mugged by hooded figures, and another group of old people attempt to help him....

sorry about the long (not very coherrent) description. i don't know what the movie's called. it was vaguely entertaining....

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

tonight i watched Pushing Daisies, then Coyote Ugly.

I wish i could be a coyote (dancer not dog/wolf)

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

MookyDuchess

Date:

DasUnbekannte wrote:

i don't know what the last movie i watched was called, but i really enjoyed it. (and if someone could tell me the name, i'll be forever grateful).
it starts out with the husband jogging in the park, and then he sort of gets mugged by some people in hoodies. a group of old people come along and try to catch them, but "they were just too fast." so then somewhere along the way the couple move in with these extremely healthy old people who'd rather be "healthy than dead."
near the end it's discovered that these old people, physicians and such are over hundreds of years old, and that all the previous occupants of the house they are renting to couples didn't have any other family; these old people were targeting orphan couples....
in the end, they attempt to exsanguinate the couple, but the wife gets away and alerts the police by pressing on the house alarm. she gets their attention by shooting a window in the basement and the old people get arrested.
the movie ends with another young man running in the park and then being mugged by hooded figures, and another group of old people attempt to help him....

sorry about the long (not very coherrent) description. i don't know what the movie's called. it was vaguely entertaining....

I haven't a clue what film you're describing, have you more details? Was it a recent film? Can you remember any of the actors in it? Was it an American film? Japanese?

Date:

The only film I can think of being close to that description would be the somewhat recent Skeleton Key. But I doubt that's it because it had to do with Hoodoo magic and I don't remember anyone ever jogging in it :B

Regular Crew

Date:

Kitty Fire wrote:

DasUnbekannte wrote:

I haven't a clue what film you're describing, have you more details? Was it a recent film? Can you remember any of the actors in it? Was it an American film? Japanese?

um i'm very sure it was an american film. i can't really name any actors, but the main female character looked really. Blonde. I think it was an early 2000 or late 90's film. one of the old ladies reminded me of a very old dita von teese (that probably didn't help very much). Um the couple are also good friends with another couple who are having a baby. after the main female character escapes from the exsanguination, she finds their dead bodies in big, plastic bin bags along with other bodies. the old people like to drink what appears to be pink milkshake...blankstare.gif

Regular Crew

Date:

the last movie i watched was RENT and i loved it, have had the soundtrack stuck in my head ever since, "when dorothy and toto went, over the rainbow to blow off auntie emmmmmm! la vie boheme!!"

ohand i dont know what the movie is called but it sounds really familiar

Regular Crew

Date:

DasUnbekannte wrote:

Kitty Fire wrote:

DasUnbekannte wrote:

um i'm very sure it was an american film. i can't really name any actors, but the main female character looked really. Blonde. I think it was an early 2000 or late 90's film. one of the old ladies reminded me of a very old dita von teese (that probably didn't help very much). Um the couple are also good friends with another couple who are having a baby. after the main female character escapes from the exsanguination, she finds their dead bodies in big, plastic bin bags along with other bodies. the old people like to drink what appears to be pink milkshake...blankstare.gif

i know it now! it's "the Glow"

Honoured Mook

Date:

Recently I've been watching Supernatural, and I watched Dogma yesterday for the billionth time.

Movie-wise, I saw Indiana Jones 4 a little while ago, and still can't decide if I liked it or not, and I saw Prince Caspian the other day and almost had a coronary. Then I decided to kill whoever wrote the screenplay, and Jess decided to kill me because I sat there making indignant noises throughout the entire movie XD

I am seriously beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion

1 2 317  >  Last»  | Page of 17  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us