Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Vegetarian Recipe Thread!

Baby Mook

Date:
RE: Vegetarian Recipe Thread!

Love this or drop dead :P www.facebook.com/manjulaskitchenrecipes

Regular Crew

Date:

Second time of writing this as I'm a idiot and deleted my last post by mistake (don't like writing so I'm not looking forward to writing this again). I'm not a vegetarian/ vegan but I do eat a lot of non meat meals as I'm a huge animal lover and care a lot about animal welfare. I've tried many times to go vegetarian in the past but I always end up failing. Anyway here's a recipe I like for vegetarian Malaysian rendang curry.

Ingredients:
250ml tin coconut milk, 2 garlic cloves, 2 stalks lemongrass, 2-3 fresh red chillies, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 cinnamon stick,2 tsp fresh coriander, 4 star anise (Chinese spice), 2 x 160g packs of tofu pieces, 3 tsp desiccated coconut (coconut meat which has been shredded or flaked and then dried to remove as much moisture), 2 tsp fresh ginger and 4 cups of rice.

Recipe: serves 4 hungry people
Heat a dry frying pan then add the desiccated coconut and cook to golden. Make a paste by blending together the toasted coconut, garlic, lemongrass, chillies, ginger, salt and sugar. Heat some oil in a flying pan then add the paste and cook for 5 mins while stirring every now and again. Add the coconut milk, star anise and cinnamon stick to the pan and bring to the boil while stirring constantly. Bring down the heat and leave to simmer for 5 mins then add the tofu pieces and leave to cook for ten mins (don't forget to stir every now and then). Fill a pan full of water add the rice to pan bring to the boil then add a lid to the top of the pan and leave to simmer for ten mins. Drain the rice after ten mins and the service with the cooked tofu pieces and sauce and enjoy.

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

TOASTED CRUMBLE NUT DIPPING

I've just made this Jamie Oliver thing and I'm having it with lamb, but it's vegan and you can have it with whatever you like!

Just get a handful of pistachio nuts, blanched almonds and sesame seeds, and toast them up for a few minutes in a dry frying pan with a pinch of cumin and a pinch of salt if you like until the sesame seeds go golden. Then mash them up roughly in a mortar and pestle. Then people can dip whatever they like into it! OH MY GOD IT IS SO TASTY.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Date:

Not a recipe but mooks based in London or visiting there might like to know that there is a new vegan market in Soho every Saturday, starting April 14th! Rupert Street, Soho, W1D 7PQ. It looks nice, if you like that sort of thing (by which I mean delicious food)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^^ Awesome! There is also a weekly vegan market in Hackney (the Dalston side of things), and one at Broadway market every Saturday. :)

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 | Page of 5  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us