Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: phobias

Lush Guru

Date:
RE: Phobias

Abiphoto wrote:

i have a phobia of being raped (hey doesent every girl?) 

Uhh, no.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Majiktia wrote:

I have developed an irrational (not that any of these are rational hehe) fear of forks. So whenever possible I eat with a spoon. I can eat with forks, but only if it is neccessary. However; sporks I am fine with. Don't ask me why, thats just how it is.

i think treating forks with a healthy suspicion can only be beneficial in the long term.

MookyDuchess

Date:

Especially when you get the frongs of a fork trapped around your tongue piercing...

See my pictures at this site.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

OW! Oh jebus that does not sound like a fun experience.

MookyDuchess

Date:

Only if you don't realise it's happened and pull the fork out quickly. Ouchie.

Regular Crew

Date:

I have a phobia of cannibalism, and I know everyone hates it but I really hate it, even if people start talking about it I either throw up violently or have a panic attack and pass out both of which my friend found out the hard way haha more fool her for pushing me

Oh and I despise mushrooms so much I am a little scared of them, they are the spawn of the devil

x

MookyDuchess

Date:

I love mushrooms.

I have an aversion to amputation, it just makes me feel funny, the thought of losing even a finger.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

fork = tongue piercing (mostdefinietly equals) ouch.

also when its first been done, and the bar's a mile long, you chew, bit the balls and thats ouchy too :(

oh yeah and that post i did about falling over avoiding a face-bound bird, i did it yesterday, as well. gahh.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Regular Crew

Date:

Alright, on Friday I developed a new phobia. I was listening to the radio and a story about a man that was trapped in an elevator was brought up. He was in this elevator for 3 days without food or water. The radio host said that if she had ever been in an elevator type of accident and was trapped the first thing she would do would be to pee her pants, then she would cry. So she would dehydrate and die within 3 days.

My phobia/ compulsion is that if I ever become trapped somewhere, I need at least one bottle of water and a candy bar or skittles with me at all times now. Just so that if I am trapped anywhere I have a few things to keep me alive a few extra days.                                                   

And go Ker-Slpat.
~By Me

Honoured Mook

Date:

I am like indiana jones. I sodding hate snakes.

I was walking around the village yesterday and saw a baby grass snake go across the road. I swore loudly at it and ran down the hill.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

i swear at birds too. Although my grandma does understant why i walk around town going ' the fu...rigging ba....irds are attacking me!!!'

Baby Mook

Date:

im scared of the foxes that live in my garden wen i was little they gave me nightmares were a talking fox wearing monacle and top hat ate my doggy sniff.gif i carnt go out in the dark on my own ...... my daddy always goes with me biggrin.gif

MookyDuchess

Date:

Petal wrote:

im scared of the foxes that live in my garden wen i was little they gave me nightmares were a talking fox wearing monacle and top hat ate my doggy sniff.gif i carnt go out in the dark on my own ...... my daddy always goes with me biggrin.gif

That is quite a dream though, a toff fox... Bet it drank brandy, from a proper brandy glass...

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm not "afraid" of hairdressers in the Sweeny Todd kind of way, but I freak out when I go to have a haircut. I got a really shitty haircut when I was in year seven because I was apathetic about what it looked like (or so I thought), and I just needed a trim. "Just go crazy, whatever you think." Never. Never again. Gawsh, I got teased so much about that haircut. The other day I thought "Hmm. Hair needs a cut. It's a good thing I'm not as picky with my hair as I used to be..." and I walked out of the salon thinking "What. Happened. To. My. Hair?" The layers keep falling in my face, and I'm convinced I look like a poodle. and that it's my former haircut, back from the dead.

For some reason I just get all creeped out by hairdressers though... I won't talk to them while they're cutting my hair, trying to make smalltalk, and I won't look at myself [or them] in the mirror. And I never smile at the hairdressers. I must come across like the biggest freak to them. Uber shy of hairdressers? I feel really silly.
Alka wrote:

I was scared of hairdressers for a LONG time. Botched jobs screw you up!
They have so much power...

But then I had a concert, HAD to have a trim, had a really good one and I was OK after that pretty much.
I go to the same hairdressers as my mum, but our stylist has just left!! :(
I might not go back to the hairdressers now!!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Also, when I'm walking from one end of the house to the other in the dark, my mind conjures up things with rows and rows of pointy teeth, and other monsters of the "rip your flesh apart" persuasion. To counteract it, I imagine that they're afraid of me, or that they do something stupid while proves they're not dangerous. While I know there's nothing to be afraid of, sometimes I have to run the rest of the length to my room, or turn the light on. But the weird thing is, I love the dark!
Also, when I was little, I used to say to myself when I was in bed "There are monsters leering at you right now, and they're all around you, but they can't get you if you keep your eyes closed. For some reason, inventing them and saying that they couldn't get me because my eyes were shut was comforting.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

ok so i have two phobias....

i hate big crowds...i always feel inclosed and lost

and well its odd. but i hate when people leave the fridge door open for a long time. aha like i watch my dad get somehting to eat and he could leave it open for a few minutes at a time! i freak outtt. i mean aha its weird

MookyDuchess

Date:

Fullofjoy720 wrote:

and well its odd. but i hate when people leave the fridge door open for a long time. aha like i watch my dad get somehting to eat and he could leave it open for a few minutes at a time! i freak outtt. i mean aha its weird

That's very green of you. Fridge doors left open use loads of electricity...

Regular Crew

Date:

mine are pretty much..
going blind and/or deaf and most of all amnesia, losing all my memories and everything i know and have learnt would strip away away 99% of what i believe makes me me
x.x

Regular Crew

Date:

oh wow, i have so many phobias. so i'll make you a list lol.

- Thunder
- Lightning
- Trees when it's windy
- Wind
- The dark
- Fish
- Odd numbers
- Dying alone
- Rejection
- Big open spaces
- Heartbreak
- Ghosts

i think that's about it.
probably more but whatever lol.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Alka wrote:

I was scared of hairdressers for a LONG time. Botched jobs screw you up!
They have so much power...

But then I had a concert, HAD to have a trim, had a really good one and I was OK after that pretty much.
I go to the same hairdressers as my mum, but our stylist has just left!! :(
I might not go back to the hairdressers now!!

maybe thats a fear of change? x

Lush Guru

Date:

Nahh I don't think so. I just had a series of awful, AWFUL haircuts which put me off for ages.
I'm fine now, I've got a stylist at home, and a good salon at Uni and it's all good. I cut my own hair now anyway (no money lol) so I think I've realised that hair grows.

Still wouldn't like to have completely shit hair.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

Listage;

-Birds
-wasps
-Bee's
-People (i'm VERY shy)
-Embarrassment
-Losing my boyfriend/mum/mama/friends
-the dark
-pain

And i could probably lie on my belly and see over the edge of a cliff, but im always tripping up so walking is a no-no.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

i have a phobia of the unknown,feeling that i'm not in control of my body and it may saound really silly but i have this strange phobia of riding bikes.

Short snippet of my song: Bees Knees

Your eyes they still wail out conflict
But you still think your the bees knees
You keep choking on your vulgar slurs
But in the end it's a comforting pity...
You still like to imagine that you are the bees knees.

Regular Crew

Date:

Chop Chop Master Onion notes that you also have a phobia of capital letters, an all too common phobia nowadays.
Chop Chop Master Onion suggests not trying to type so fast, as mistakes are easily made.
Chop Chop Master Onion fears nothing, except bad English.

Chop Chop Master Onion has declared war on lol.

Regular Crew

Date:

1. Spiders (tiny ones don't bother me - only big ones!)
2. Hospitals (no idea why considering i'm in a medical-type job)
3. Hospital elevators (i hate elevators in general - like being trapped in one)
4. Dentists (i think its more intrusion of my mouth)
5. Drowning in water
6. Clostraphobic in elevators, crowds
7. Most importantly i wouldn't like to lose my boyfriend

I definately have to agree on the fears of cannibalism, rape and amputation - they give me the heebie geebies, *shudder* egghh : O

Lush Guru

Date:

Kitty Fire wrote:

Fullofjoy720 wrote:

That's very green of you. Fridge doors left open use loads of electricity...

Our new fridge flashes it's light and makes a beepy at you when you leave it open for too long. And too long is a very short length of time.

Honoured Mook

Date:

i'm with alka on this one-
my main fear is getting embarrassed.

one of my friends is terrified of spiders, and when i said to him that i had a pet spider, he looked as me as if you say "you FREAK, get OUT of my sight!"

lol.

The more seeds you plant, the more flowers will grow.
Size Matters - Natasha Bedingfield
Tumblr & Twitter

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm also with Alka on embarrassment; in company I'm only on acquaintance terms with I tend to make a great show of being mumbly self-deprecating, with all witty comments directed at my shoes, so no-one expects to much.

I also freak out around moths and butterflies because I hate the way they move, for all their prettiness, and when I see things that are really out of proportion (such as a really fat person with really thin legs, or people unfortunately afflicted with that 'pinhead' thing) I feel the saliva well up under my tongue and my gorge really rises.

I know a girl who can't stand buttons or coins. She flinches at blouses.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I fear sloths-they just look scary okay smile.gif
I am also slightly scared of the lyods tsb adverts. They scare me on a level I don't fully understand. I think it is to do with the surilism and the peoples faces.

Regular Crew

Date:

Alhough this is an old thread, maybe somebody can help me.

I have a serious, dangerous phobia of birds, mainly pidgeons, and I don't mean I simply don't like them or am afraid of them, I am not.
I don't know how to explain it, and that is why this is a phobia, but I am terrified with the idea of seeing or being caught by surpise by pidgeons, and as you can well imagine, I do very often see them on the street. Weirdest thing of all: it's even worse if they're dead.

I don't understand why I got this, but people say it is related to some trauma or anything, and my father and grandfather breed mail pidgeons since forever, so maybe I had a very vert bad experience during childhood. This is something that bothers me a lot, because I get to see birds everywhere, all the time and sometimes I avoid going out because I know I'll have a terrible time outside.

Somebody mentioned something about getting worse as you get older? Well I feel that too.

Most people laugh, or simply don't take this seriously, but this is something I'd give the world to get rid of. In extreme situations I had really bad reactions to this and I can't stop living because of it, but the fact is that it gets worse and worse with time.

Can somebody please tell how can I seek some help, or have you guys been through such thing?

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us