MookyDuchess

Date:
RE: phobias

I missed the Earthquake. :(

See my pictures at this site.

Honoured Mook

Date:

viccckkk wrote:

So I hate wax statues of people and i HATE HATE HATE VENTRILOQUIST DOLLS!! They scare the living shit out of me!!! I once cried because I saw one on an advert once.
Even talking about them has made me come out in cold sweat.

Oh and big rusty ships scare me. Not sure why...

A friend of mine was fascinated by ventriloquists: he found the whole thing really surreal and it was almost that the worse the act was the more surreal it was. I agree with him and I think if anyone (except Viccckkk, of course) wants to make a lot of money in showbiz, they should start working with a talking doll right now because there's no-one else out there doing it. And with a little bit of work, you could create a really original and very strange stage act..

And big, rusty ships.....? Strange.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Deep bodies of water. I've nearly dorwned 3 times in my life, it's not nice at all. I even get freaked out when I'm in the bath!

Tick.

I hate those creatures, no I LOATHE THEM! One give me dad Lyme's Disease years back and he nearly died from it. God help me if I ever find one stuck to me, I'll start throwing punches then probably pass out.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Cats.
Whenever i go round my mates she always calls her cat and whenever its anywhere near i WILL scream o.0
i dont know where this came from cuz up to the age of 3 i had a cat and apparently i was fine with it. :S

Honoured Mook

Date:

It's not really a phobia but like AnotherHollowLine (AHL), I can remember sitting in my nan's when I was probably about 4 or 5 and eating a piece of Jam Roll or Swiss Roll.

But all my life, I've really hated sponge cakes. It's because they're too sweet and there's something really vomity to me about cakey texture. But a Jam Roll is just sponge cake.

That's a bit like a phobia but, like AHL, it seems to have started quite late..

(515 posts now!!!.... preen, preen...)

-- Edited by Ladybird at 18:41, 2008-03-14

MookyDuchess

Date:

Artic Roll!

That's the thing this post reminded me of. Again, not a phobia, in fact the exact opposite. I love Artic Roll. Wish I had enough freezer space, then I'd buy some...

Honoured Mook

Date:

So, I was just wondering what kind of things people are afraid of, and to what extent? Because I have arachnophobia that borders on paranoia, which everyone in my family thinks is ridiculous (except for my twin, who gets rid of spiders for me) and thinks I should just get over. Which would be next to impossible for me. So I was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences that they wanted to share and make me feel less abnormal?

I am seriously beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion

MookyDuchess

Date:

Wasps. Though I'm getting better with this one, now if a wasp is in the same room as me, I just freeze for a bout a month or so. My eyes are the only things that move, as I maintain eye contact with the dreaded, evil bastard hell spawn at all times.

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

I hate wasps too. I just got stung about two weeks ago right after I got out of the shower and started to dry myself off. The little bugger got me right in the back. It must've gotten trapped in the towel when it was hanging outside to dry, because there certainly had been no indication of it being in the bathroom before hand -.-

I also have a thing about paper cuts (especially since that jackass clip of the guy getting them purposely on the webbing between his fingers)

"I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so effin' heroic."--George Carlin

Regular Crew

Date:

AWOL wrote:

So, I was just wondering what kind of things people are afraid of, and to what extent? Because I have arachnophobia that borders on paranoia, which everyone in my family thinks is ridiculous (except for my twin, who gets rid of spiders for me) and thinks I should just get over. Which would be next to impossible for me.p>

I am that twin. And I learned to get over my own fear of spiders cos you were more scared of them than me, so I had to get rid of them so you wouldn't be scared anymore.

-- Edited by VampGirl19 at 09:47, 2008-05-17

MookyDuchess

Date:

VampGirl19 wrote:

AWOL wrote:

So, I was just wondering what kind of things people are afraid of, and to what extent? Because I have arachnophobia that borders on paranoia, which everyone in my family thinks is ridiculous (except for my twin, who gets rid of spiders for me) and thinks I should just get over. Which would be next to impossible for me.p>

I am that twin. And I learned to get over my own fear of spiders cos you were more scared of them than me, so I had to get rid of them so you wouldn't be scared anymore.

-- Edited by VampGirl19 at 09:47, 2008-05-17

That's how I got over my fear of spiders, however, I was removing the spiders for my mum.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I don't have any full out phobias.
I'd prefer spiders didn't touch my face or anything, but they're ok.
And I would prefer no one throw me off the top of a building but I'm pretty good with heights.
Wasps are ok, snakes are ok, I don't know, maybe I haven't found my fear yet.

When I was just into high school and was abseiling, high ropes, rock climbing (all that jazz) our instructor asked everyone who wasn't afraid of heights to raise their hands. Heaps of people raised their hands, trying to be all gung ho.
"Bullshit," he said, "Humans aren't meant to be up high, you are naturally afraid of heights and it's totally reasonable. It'll keep you from doing something stupid."
It really stuck with me. Respect your fears but don't be ruled by them.

Regular Crew

Date:

Izil wrote:

I hate wasps too. I just got stung about two weeks ago right after I got out of the shower and started to dry myself off. The little bugger got me right in the back. It must've gotten trapped in the towel when it was hanging outside to dry, because there certainly had been no indication of it being in the bathroom before hand -.-

I also have a thing about paper cuts (especially since that jackass clip of the guy getting them purposely on the webbing between his fingers)

I have the same papercut fear. =P - Same reason too.

Otherwise i don't really think i have any big phobias.

-- Edited by _GeckoGirl at 13:26, 2008-05-17

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

birds. not all birds, but pidgeons etc, its a fear of me scaring them into flying up into my face. its borderline paranoia. i cannot go near them, whioch sucks cos town centers tend to be swarming with them.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Regular Crew

Date:

This is kinda of really lame, but... goats.

There's a story behind it. See, I when I was on a trip to France when I was about three, we went to this petting zoo.

And there was the goat. Being foolish and innocent, I gingerly went to go pet the dear little billy. But that demon goat had other plans in mind. He ate my entire windbreaker while I was wearing it. I screamed bloody murder and flailed with all my might, but all that was left was the zipper.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Lush Guru

Date:

OH MY GOD THAT HAPPENED TO ME TOO!!

Except it was shorts, and I was saved before it ate me but all the adults I was with just laughed and laughed while I WEPT.
It was awful.
There are pictures.

I'm not actually scared of goats though, I just don't like them very much.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Izil wrote:

I thought that i was the only one creeped out by that!!!!!
Ever since i watched jackass the movie, id have to cover my eyes......

when i was little i was afraid of perfume, because my mom had a kind that was really strong......
i think its funny now.........

Honoured Mook

Date:

For all you wasp o phobes, did you see doctor who this weekend? Now that was a wap worth being afraid of!

Lollypop, I had that thing about birds too. I watched Hitchcock's 'the Birds' when I was about 11 and the next morning a sparrow flew into my face. Traumatised by the experience, I used to walk through towns like a boxer, ducking and diving...

MookyDuchess

Date:

Thankfully, the rendering was just off by enough of a slight margin for me to be able to cope with it. :)

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

today, a bird flew over my head, and i was so terrified, i almost fell over trying to avoid it.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Claustrophobia. Its awful- I hate enclosed spaces so much, I struggle to get on planes.
And I hate the panic attacks I get on the london underground when i'm there.
Anyone else have the same problem? :(

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

Regular Crew

Date:

Dolls, mirrors, and public speaking. *shudder*

MookyDuchess

Date:

I was once told, and it could be wrong, that in a list of fears, public speaking was number one and being burnt alive was number two.

Which suggests that people would rather be burnt alive than speak in public. Hmmm...

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I had a fear of being burnt alive.

Then I got pretty badly burnt. I wouldn't say it helped the situation.

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Really irrational, but I also have a slight fear of really cute toddlers. I always think that any minute they'll turn into Damian from The Omen or something. It doesn't help that my mother runs a daycare service out of our home.

To be fair though, any toddler (cute or ugly) can be quite devilish when the mood strikes them.

"I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so effin' heroic."--George Carlin

MookyDuchess

Date:

lamp wrote:

I had a fear of being burnt alive.

Then I got pretty badly burnt. I wouldn't say it helped the situation.

Do a fire walk, that'll help. :)

Regular Crew

Date:

I have a fear of needles, which is pretty standard I think.

And a horrible fear of being a fetus.

It sounds weird, but think about it. Being totally out of control of your body in it's most vulnerable state, to the point where you depend on another person to keep you alive.

I've had nightmares about it, I'm not gonna lie.

It's officially on my psych report too, and it almost got me an overnight stay in the loony bin.

Luckily, there are very nice psychiatrists where I live. :D

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

i have a phobia of being raped (hey doesent every girl?) and of being pregnant.

also a fear of whiskey.... nooo... ;)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I almost got raped on holiday. The barman tried to get me drunk by giving me drinks on the house. I was with my mate Ellie and we got a bit pissed. Then he invited us downstairs, into the basement of the hotel where he had a room.

ewww. I could have easily been raped. But I didnt go down there, and I didnt let Ellie go either.

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

Regular Crew

Date:

I don't know if they are fears but I have a few different quirks that I avoid. One of them is touching is Fleece. Yes the supposed to be super comfy soft fuzzy fabric. I shudder and get all twitchy just thinking about it.

Cows are fairly scary too. When I was little, about 4 I think, my sister and I were chased by a herd of cows. Being little my shoes were about 2 sizes too big for me and I lost them as I ran for my life! A couple of the cows stopped to eat them. Eventually mom came out with a really big stick and scared them away from us and mom went and got my shoes. I remember walking back to the house with cow spittled-up shoes. Soooooo Gross. Needless to say I hate cows and they have scared me ever since.

Somewhere along the coarse of my life I have developed an irrational (not that any of these are rational hehe) fear of forks. So whenever possible I eat with a spoon. I can eat with forks, but only if it is neccessary. However; sporks I am fine with. Don't ask me why, thats just how it is.

And go Ker-Slpat.
~By Me
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us